- MANDATORY practices begin Monday, August 19, 2019. We will meet at GHS at 8AM. Practices will be Monday through Saturday from 8-10AM unless otherwise noted. Practice locations will vary for the first 2 weeks, but most will begin and end at the high school. There are also evening practices scheduled for select days. Please see the calendar posted below.
- All athletes must be registered on FamilyID to be eligible for practice. Athletes must also be approved by the school nurse. Ms. Samuelson has been updating approvals throughout the summer and emailing parents if physicals are required. Check the Google Doc in our previous post if you’re unsure of your status.
- Please come prepared! You should bring water, a good pair of trainers, appropriate clothes for running, a watch, and a positive attitude.
- Remember, by taking part in our program, you are joining a VARSITY high school team. Take a minute to review our expectations and contract. We will hand out a paper copy next week.
- We will hand out a finalized version of our meet schedule next week at practice. In the meantime, please take a look at the tentative schedule below and be sure that you are available for all meets. This is a state-ranked program. We cannot afford to be missing varsity runners at invitational and/or championship meets.
2019 TENTATIVE MEET SCHEDULE
Tue 9/10 - 4PM - PB @ Goshen
Sat 9/14 - 8:30AM - Warwick Wave Mania (Sandfordville Elem)
Tue 9/17 - 4PM - Goshen/MW @ Washingtonville
Sat 9/21- 8AM - Suffern Invitational(Bear Mt)
Tue 9/24 - 4:30PM - Goshen/LM @ Monticello
Sat 9/28 - 10AM - Bowdoin Classic Inv (Wapp)
Wed 10/2 - 4PM - Port Jervis @ Goshen
Wed 10/16 - 4PM - Goshen/Middletown @ Minisink
Sat 10/19 - 9AM - Brown Invitational (RI) OVERNIGHT - Fri into Sat
Fri 10/25 - 12PM - OCIAA @ Bear Mountain
Wed 11/6 - 11AM - SECTIONS @ Bear Mountain
Sat 11/16 - 9:30AM - STATES @ SUNY Plattsburgh
Sat 11/23 - 12:15PM - FEDS @ Bowdoin Park (Wapp)
6. Finally, we are proud to have a very active parents’ association led by Erica Hackman and Denise Perrillo. Our parents’ association organizes several events throughout the season to benefit our athletes. (Pasta parties, end-of-season banquet, fundraisers, athlete gifts, scholarships, etc…) As both Mrs. Hackman and Mrs. Perrillo have sons who are graduating seniors, we will be looking for a couple of motivated parents to help out and take over. Please contact us if you’re interested in helping out.
PRACTICE CALENDAR/WORKOUT SCHEDULE (Workouts and practices are subject to change. Be sure to check Remind updates for changes)