Thank you for choosing to join the Goshen Cross Country program. We are eagerly anticipating the beginning of the fall 2019 season on August 19! Until then, there’s a lot to do over the summer to prepare for what we are expecting to be a great season!
Please see the information and documents posted/linked below and contact the coaching staff if you have any questions.
Boys’ head coach: Kyle Lewis email@example.com
Girls’ head coach: Joe Manaseri firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant/Mentor Coach: Rich Furst email@example.com
- Athletes should have attended our pre-season meetings (grades 9-11 at GHS or grade 8 at CJH). If you missed those meetings and are still planning to join the team, please see Coach Lewis and/or Coach Manaseri ASAP. We handed out a contact information form and a sheet with reminders and important dates to remember.
- Please be sure to sign-up on Family ID. https://www.familyid.com/organizations/goshen-central-school-district This link should be active by the end of June.
- For most athletes, the summer training plan should have already started. We’ll be updating our Google Calendar on this site shortly, but in the meantime, here’s the workout calendar for the month of June. Our workouts for the rest of the summer can be found on the calendar at the bottom of this page. (scroll down 👇)
- The Great American Weekend 5k is being held this year on July 6. We strongly encourage everyone to participate (regardless of ability) and support a good cause. Register online here.
- Starting in early July, there will be captains’ practices several times per week. As long as we have your contact info (cell phone #), you should receive notifications from upperclassmen regarding these team workouts. Although they are not required, we strongly recommend that athletes attend whenever possible. A team that trains together over the summer has a much better chance of winning together in November. Coaches will also attend these practices occasionally
- Over the summer, we also encourage participation in the New Paltz XC Summer Series. This is a series of casual races of varying distances held on Monday evenings in and around scenic Minnewaska and the surrounding areas. Coaches will attend most weeks, and we encourage athletes to attend as well. Cost is $30 for all five weeks. Pre-register here.
- At the end of the summer, many Goshen XC athletes will be attending Five-Star Cross Country Camp in Rock Hill. Our very own Coach Furst is the camp director and this camp offers an excellent experience to conclude our summer training program and lead to a great beginning to the season. For more info and registration, click here.
- Lastly, please take a moment to read some words of inspiration and encouragement from Coach Furst: Goshen XC 2019: Let’s be great together!
- SENIORS: Important information has been posted regarding scholarship requirements and captain responsibilities. Make the most of your final year as a Gladiator and be sure to read this important info!
Remember to follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @GoshenXCTF (boys) and @LadyGladsXCTF (girls). And if you haven’t joined our Remind account, do so ASAP! Boys: Text @goshenxc to 81010; Girls: text @goshengirl to 81010