Information on the Shawangunk Runners Summer Series…
Each Monday starting July 9, there’s a cross country summer race series held near New Paltz. Most races are run through the scenic carriage roads of Minnewaska and Mohonk. Races begin at 6:45PM and distances/courses vary each week.
For the past couple years, Goshen XC athletes have been well-represented at these races, and we’d like that to continue. Coaches will be there each week. We encourage athletes to carpool and travel together. Cost is only $10 (online reg) for students for all 5 races; details are available below.
- IF YOU REGISTER IN ADVANCE, ONLINE, COST IS ONLY $10 FOR ALL 5 RACES
- To register online, follow the link below:
|July 9:||Patterson’s Pellet||3m on carriage roads||Upper Parking Lot of the Minnnewaska State Park Preserve|
|July 16:||Blueberry Run||4m ramble through the blueberry fields and carriage roads||Upper Parking Lot of the Minnnewaska State Park Preserve|
|July 23:||Undercliff / Overcliff||5m on carriage roads||West Trapp’s Trailhead of the Mohonk Preserve|
|July 30:||Lou’s Run||4m of trails and carriage roads||Springfarm Trailhead of the Mohonk Preserve|
|August 6:||Fun Run & Awards||Run up to 5 miles||Garvan’s Gastropub, 215 Huguenot St, New Paltz, NY 12561|
Each week will feature a 1/2 mile and 1 mile kids race
Kids Race Starts at 6:45pm | Adults immediately following (between 7 and 7:15PM)
– Day of registration is available
– Individual Registration available for $20/ Student registration: $10
– Family Registration available for $30.
– Single Race Fee registration available on the day of the event – $10 Adult | $5 Kids